Put BI where it matters, in the hands of your decision makers
Do not keep critical business decisions waiting, not even when you are on the move, with BI on Mobile
According to IBM, we generate 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day, much of it critical – or with the potential to be critical – to business vitality and success.
When you implement mobile access to your business intelligence (BI), you’re making it possible for your organization to use all that data to make better decisions, faster; to get detailed information about events as they occur, regardless of where they are or what type of device they’re on – cell phone, tablet, or laptop; and take immediate action when needed, whether that action is corrective or preventive.
Why is mobile access to BI so important today? With an uncertain and sometimes turbulent economy, gaining a competitive edge is critical. Being competitive means adopting smart innovations first and leveraging their power to grow your business. And, as technology evolves at an increasingly rapid pace, being first means having to react faster and faster.
Here are some examples of ways you can use mobile BI to grow your business:
- Executives can see at a glance how their company is doing on a number of different metrics: sales, margin, customer satisfaction, operating costs, raw material costs, etc.
- Your sales team can get an immediate handle on delivery statistics to make more accurate available-to-promise commitments to customer, thereby improving customer satisfaction
- Your marketing team can watch trends as they evolve and adapt their methods to take advantage of what’s going on in the market
- Your web developers can see traffic trends any time of day and react with appropriate changes to content or current offers
- Your field service team can see whether or not parts are in stock needed to satisfy customer demand
Having the ability to get this information and an abundance of other valuable data 24/7/365 means you’re agile and always making the most informed and effective decisions.
Here are some very compelling facts to consider:
- A recent Aberdeen report shows that companies using mobile business intelligence can make critical management decisions in one-sixth the time of companies that don’t use mobile BI
- Gartner claims that by 2013, 33% of BI will be consumed on mobile devices, proving that users are eager to have information easily accessible
- This same study found that organizations using top-performing mobile business intelligence achieved a time-to-decision interval of 3.8 hours – 3 times faster than all other business intelligence users not employing mobile BI
You’ve undoubtedly invested a great deal of time and money in your BI. Now optimize its potential by getting it to the people who need it most as quickly as possible, wherever they are, when they need it.
Learn how to make the best of your Mobile BI strategy